Revolutionary War activity moves south, Charlestown’s population returns and begins rebuilding the town in earnest. The Warren Tavern is built by Eliphalet Newell. The Edes House on Main Street is built by David Wood, Sr. (now site of The Cooperative Bank). The James Russell mansion house is built on the Market Square. A handsome house of wood with corner pilasters and a cupola, it later becomes a public house known as the “Mansion House” before being demolished in 1866 for an extension of Waverlev House.