The Thomas Russell mansion house is completed on Charles River Avenue (Water Street) according to plans by Charles Bulfinch.  A Federal style brick building, it has a hipped roof, balustrade and domed cupola.  It later became a public house with a succession of owners and names, the last of which were James Walker and Middlesex House, respectively, before it burned in the great fire of 1835.